This amazing chai candy is a treat on any occasion. It's a version of brittle made with Power Chai® (in our La Bodega store) and California grown almonds, instead of peanuts. The recipe makes 1-2 pounds of brittle.
Power Chai Almond Brittle
INGREDIENTS - Part 1
1/2 C Sugar
3 Tbsp Power Chai®
1/3 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Corn Syrup
INGREDIENTS - Part 2
3 Tbsp Butter
1/3 tsp Baking Soda
1 C Lightly salted almonds or Sliced almonds
1. Roast almonds at 300F for 10~15 minutes.
2. Put all ingredients from "Part 1" above into a pan.
3. Place pan on low heat on the stove.
4. Continue to mix until sugar is completely dissolved and bubbling (about 10-15 minutes).
5. The mix of chai powder, sugar, salt, and syrup will crumble, melt, and begin bubbling.
6. Once the mixture is liquified, add the butter and baking soda. Stir well and until all butter is mixed in.
7. Add the roasted almonds and turn the heat off.
8. Place mixture on parchment paper in a cookie sheet and set in a 300F oven for 10 minutes.
9. Let it cool completely and then use a hard tool to break into smaller pieces. Enjoy.